Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I must go, PERO UN DIA VOLVERE

After eight months of living in San Juan, I was forced to leave once again. This decision did not come lightly and I stayed as long as I could, though I probably should have left earlier. Now I am back in Orlando, Florida, and I miss mi Viejo San Juan.

For those who have never left the island, and for those who have never returned after leaving, you may not be able to relate, but every word of so many songs now make so much more sense.

I believe we Puerto Ricans are the only ones in the world who sing about their country like we are singing to a lover, and leaving is nothing less than a heartbreak. So many have song about it, only now does it really make sense in my heart.

Here is a video made with pictures I took during the my last 8 months there, with music by Jose Feliciano.

No comments: