Thursday, November 09, 2017

Insurgent Blog: Whole Foods Guacamole for $10 ?!?


Today I went to Whole Foods looking for a rare cooking ingredient called black salt.  Whole Foods was my last hope in a quest that took my wife and I all over the city of Orlando.  But they did not have it either. So we walked around the store just to see if we could pick up anything else to make the trip worthwhile. 



Then, while walking around the produce section I found that beacon that signals how Latinized suburban America is getting... a refrigerated shelf with guacamole, salsa, pico de gallo, salsa verde... All freshly made in store and made in plentiful quantities.

But then I looked at the price.

NO. Just no.

1.110 lb for $9.98

No.

I am aware of the Avocado price hikes of the past year.  If you are unaware of this I can suggest this article from CNN Money or this one from The Wall Street Journal.   Nevertheless, despite these higher prices, $10 for a little tub of guacamole is still ridiculous and the sooner people realize that the sooner prices will come down.

No comments: